Boston Car Accident Lawyers
Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
Car accidents can have a devastating long-term physical, emotional, and financial impact on your life. The days following an accident are stressful enough, but if you have been seriously injured that stress can become overwhelming. This is when insurance companies will quickly try and settle your claim, when you are at your most vulnerable. This enables them to settle your claim fast and for the lowest possible amount. Our Boston car accident attorneys will help you protect your rights and fight to maximize your compensation. At the Feeney Law Firm, we believe that contacting our Boston car accident attorney is one of the first things you should do in the days following your automobile accident. We want to take the stress of the car accident off of you so you can focus on your recovery.
Some types of automobile accident claims that our Boston car accident attorneys have pursued on behalf of clients include:
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DWI/DUI)
- Hit and run crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Seat belt issues
- Tractor trailer negligence
NEED A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Massachusetts Car Accidents
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts follows the “no –fault” system when it comes to auto insurance. This means that if a Massachusetts driver suffers an injury in a car accident, that person must file a claim with his or her own insurance company to recover costs. Generally, drivers in no fault states cannot take each other to court to recover costs associated with the accident unless certain conditions are met. In order to hold another driver liable for a car accident, the injured party must have:
- Incurred at least $2,000 in reasonable medical expenses
- Suffered injuries that include permanent and serious disfigurement, fractured bone, or substantial loss of hearing or sight
We hope you are never involved in an automobile accident and require the services of our Boston car accident attorneys, but in case you are, please keep the following in mind:
- You should notify the police of the accident right away, especially if someone is injured.
- Often times injuries from car accidents may not appear for a day or two. Seriously consider seeking medical help if you have been in a car accident, even if you don’t think you need it.
- Gather the following information from everyone involved in the accident (this includes drivers, passengers, and any witnesses):
- Full name
- Phone Number
- License Plate Number
- Make and Model of Vehicle
- Insurance Information
- Try and record as much about the car accident as you are able. Details about how the motor vehicle accident occurred, the time of day, weather conditions, how badly vehicles were damaged, traffic conditions could all be important at a later date in determining who was at fault.
- Taking pictures of the accident scene with your cellphone may also be helpful. Pictures of where the accident occurred, any street or traffic signs in the area, damaged vehicles, or skid marks could also play a role in a case.
Need A Boston Car Accident Lawyer?
Our Boston car accident attorneys are committed to your defending your rights from start to finish. We are available 24/7 to take your calls and are there for you when you need us most. The Feeney Law Firm is dedicated to helping those injured in a car accident receive the compensation they deserve. Fighting to keep people safe from corporate greed and self-interest is our passion. We are here to help make the legal process as simple as possible for you and your family. Call us now at 1-800-670-3356 for a FREE consultation.
Our Massachusetts car accident lawyers handle cases all over Massachusetts. Some locations include: Boston, Braintree, Brockton, Brookline, Cambridge, Cape Cod, Fall River, Framingham, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Martha’s Vineyard, Medford, Nantucket, New Bedford, Newton, Peabody, Plymouth, Quincy, Somerville, Springfield, Taunton, Waltham, Weymouth, Worcester